My career started in 1985 as a psychologist in the state of Israel, treating school children and
their families and leading Gestalt groups for professionals.
In 1991 I moved to California and pursued a Ph.D. in clinical psychology at PGSP (Today PAU).
I was trained as a pre-doc clinical psychologist at Stanford University Counseling and
Psychological Services at Vaden Center and later as a post-doc at Kaiser Santa Clara. In both these places I also was employed as clinical psychologist post training.
My next career step was moving to a private practice in Palo Alto where I have now been
practicing since 1998.
During the years 2002-2004 I taught an annual graduate course “Practicum II” at the Pacific
Graduate School of Psychology in Palo Alto.
Between the years 2012-2016, I have served as an Adjunct Clinical Faculty at PAU,
supervising graduate students at the PAU Granowski Clinic.
Since 2000, I have served as an individual and group supervisor for Stanford clinical trainees during their year of internship.
- November 2000 ITP Palo-Alto continuing education class: Eating Disorders –Theory and Treatment
- June 2000 NCGPS Assilomar Conference – Meeting at the Boundary Gestalt workshop
- February 2000 ITP Palo-Alto – continuing education class:Eating Disorders from a Developmental Perspective
- November 1999 JFK University – Treatment of Eating Disorders: a Developmental Perspective
- June 1998 NCGPS Assilomar Conference – Group Treatment of Eating Disorders Using Gestalt Approach
- August 1996 Toronto, Canada Validation of EDI-2 in Israeli Population. Poster presented at the annual APA convention
- Summer 1990 Ramat Hasharon, Israel – Annual Educational Counselors Conference Gestalt workshop facilitator
- Winter 1990 Ramat Ephal, Israel – Special Education Teachers Conference Gestalt workshop facilitator
- Summer 1989 Ramat Hasharon, Israel – Annual Educational Counselors Conference Gestalt workshop facilitator
Bechtel International Center at Stanford University:Adjustment to the American Culture
Hadassah Organization South Bay: Couples Relationships from a Developmental Perspective
Palo Alto JCC: The Science Behind Love Wizo Association South Bay: Dealing with Stress
(Past and Present)
Noga Niv, PhD